Delivery

It came this morning!

Not quite what I was expecting - either a letter of rejection or acceptance, but what did arrive is clearly good news.

It was waiting for me in my pigeon hole at the foot of the main stairs. So unassuming, just a plain white window envelope, the postman had been forced to peel back a little of the paper in order to see my dorm room number, as the contents were improperly folded.

It read simply -

"Dear Dr Lynch,

I'm pleased to inform you that after merit review by our expert panel, application reference #23428DDP, has been successfully approved for funding.

As requested in the original proposal, the third party (NPY Industries) has been automatically informed of your willingness and valid grant to assist in their endeavours.

Please expect further clarification of duties to be communicated, by the third party, in the near future.

Yours Sincerely,

Mr R Morris, Finance Director

National Science Foundation, Arlington, Virginia"

This is terrific, quite beyond all hope! I can't wait to hear more, the original advert was rather amiguous, but now is the time! I can put all my learnings to some useful function. No more the dreary corridors of academia!

And, most importantly, if God will help me, I'm sure I can find my sea legs.

No comments:

To sleep, perchance to dream

 A nightmare gripped me last night, somehow I have torn my bed covers and the sheet is tangled out of place, literally drenched in sweat. Th...